Tzaziki is one of the classic sauces in the Greek cuisine - it tastes terrific on grilled meats and veggies and can be eaten as a healthy snack all year long. This simple and refreshing recipe is easy to make and healthy!
- 1 Large Cucumber, peeled, cut into half lengthwise, seeded and shredded
- 2 Cups Greek Yogurt
- 2.5 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Mint Leaves, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tomatoes, thinly sliced or in wedges
- Optional: Vegetables for dipping, such as carrots, broccoli, bell pepper strips, etc.
- Optional: Pita for serving
Combine the yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic in a large bowl and stir until very smooth. Add in the shredded cucumbers and mint lives and stir until combined. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Cut open a pita pocket and stuff with a heaping tablespoon of tzatziki and a couple slices of tomato. Alternatively, cut the pita into triangles. Dip pita, tomato wedge, and additional veggies into the tzatziki to enjoy as a dip!