- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef (or turkey)
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 small green bell pepper (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 (16 oz) cans red kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 ear fresh corn
- 3 medium sized tomatoes (diced)
- 2-3 tbs chili powder (to taste)
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Optional Toppings: diced tomatoes, sour cream, shredded cheese, baked tortilla chips
Cook the onions, peppers, and garlic in a skillet over medium heat and let cook until fragrant. Then, add beef or turkey to skillet and stir until beef crumbles and is no longer pink. Choose to use turkey, beef, or keep it vegetarian with just the kidney beans.
Spoon the mixture to the slow cooker (our recommendation) and stir in tomatoes, corn, kidney beans, chicken broth, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper.
Cook on HIGH in slow cooker for 3-4 hours or LOW for 5-6 hours.
- Once ready lay out the chili with all of the toppings and create a make your own chili bar. Invite people to layer ingredients and load on the toppings. Then, enjoy!