A sweet and healthy take on Waffles, these delicious treats can go great for brunch, served alone as a snack or even as "Breakfast for Lunch"!
½ cup unsalted butter, melted
2 cups cooked sweet potatoes, skins discarded
2 cups milk
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup rolled oats, finely ground in food processor
2 tablespoons baking powder
2 teaspoons salt
100% pure maple syrup
- Melt the butter and set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk.
- In another small bowl, mash the cooked sweet potatoes until they are smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix the sweet potatoes, beaten eggs, and milk. Stir in the cooled butter.
- In a separate large bowl mix the flour, ground oats, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined.
Cook in a hot waffle iron.
- Serve drizzled with 100% pure maple syrup