- 2 cans of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3-4 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 medium avocados, cut into small cubes
- 2-3 cups shredded lettuce
- 2/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 15 corn tortillas or whole wheat tortillas
- Mozzarella cheese or any soft cheese
1. On high heat brush olive oil on both sides of the tortillas, and toast on the griddle for about 5 minutes on each side.
2. Mash black beans, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne together, adding the olive oil a tablespoon at a time, to help with the mixing.
3. Shred the cheese with cheese grater.
4. Remove and discard the stems of the cilantro. Use a food processor or blender to puree cilantro, yogurt, garlic powder and salt.
5. Spread the black beans on the tortilla with a metal spoon.
6. Add tomatoes, avocados, and lettuce.
7. Serve hot topped with cilantro sauce.