If you are a sweet corn lover, this crisp, flavorful salad is a great way to enjoy summer’s fresh produce. You can serve it as a side dish or you can stir in black beans for added protein. The summertime corn salad can be eaten with a fork, or like a salsa with some tortilla chips. Enjoy this recipe all summer long!
Summertime Corn Salad
5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
1 tablespoon lime juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup finely chopped cucumber
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1. In a small bowl, whisk 4 teaspoons oil, lime juice, salt and pepper sauce; set aside.
2. In a large skillet, cook and stir corn in remaining oil over medium-high heat until tender.
3. Transfer to a salad bowl; cool slightly.
4. Add the tomatoes, cucumber, onion and basil.
5. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.
6. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving or refrigerate until chilled.
7. Sprinkle with cheese just before serving.
Yield: 4 servings.