This refreshing summer salad really lets the rhubarb shine with its simplicity of ingredients. You'll get a little bit of sweet from the strawberries and a little bit of sour from the rhubarb for the perfect combination of flavors. Pair this with a night grilling chicken or steak outside with the family for a fun summer evening. Most importantly, in preparing the rhubarb, always remember to remove the leaves.
- 2 Rhubarb Stalks, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 Tablespoon of Fresh Orange Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Lbs strawberries, hulled, quartered
- 1/4 Cup Torn Fresh Mint Leaves
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
Toss rhubarb, sugar, orange juice, and lemon juice in a medium bowl.
Let sit until rhubarb is slightly softened and releases its juices, about 30 minutes. Toss with strawberries and mint and serve.