This colorful Red Rabbit recipe is a delicious way to "Eat the Rainbow." It combines vegetables and fruits of all colors into one simple slaw. Serve it up as a side alongside our Whole Wheat Pasta with No-Cook Tomato Sauce for a well-balanced meal.
Ingredient / (Yields 6-8 serving)
For the slaw
- 1 cup “Tuscan” or “Dino” kale, center removed & leaves shredded
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tsp olive oil
- 2 cups green cabbage, shredded
- ½ cup carrot, grated
- ½ cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 1-2 green onions, sliced
For the dressing
- ½ avocado
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
- fresh black pepper (to taste)
- ¼ cup water
1. Place kale in a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle on salt and olive oil. Massage the kale for three minutes.
2. To the bowl, add both colors of cabbage, carrots, apple, raisins, and green onions. Mix together and set aside.
3. Prepare the dressing in a separate mixing bowl. Mash avocado with a fork in bottom of the bowl. To the mashed avocado, add in yogurt, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper. Whisk together. Once ingredients are incorporated, continue whisking as you slowly incorporate the water.
4. Pour dressing over the coleslaw. Mix well and serve.