- 15 oz. can black beans
- 1 1/2 cups shelled edamame (8 oz.)
- 1 large, ripe avocado
- 1 1/2 cups cherry or roma tomatoes
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1/4 cup red onion (or green onion for milder flavor)
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- Juice from 1-2 limes, about 2-3 Tbsp.
- Salt to taste
- Optional variations: 1/4 tsp. cumin, 1 clove minced garlic, agave/honey to sweeten
Rinse and drain beans. Dice tomatoes.
Finely dice red onion. Roughly chop cilantro, stems removed.
In a medium bowl, add all ingredients except avocado. Toss to combine.
Adjust seasoning if necessary (more lime juice, salt, etc.)
When ready to serve, dice avocado. Add to bowl and gently toss.
Serving suggestion: before adding the avocado, refrigerate for an hour (or more) before serving to let flavors combine and intensify. Then add avocado when ready to serve.