- 3 medium sized beets
- 1¾ cups cooked chickpeas (or 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed)
- ½ teaspoon (heaping) salt
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary (optional)
* Red Rabbit is a Nut and Seed free facility. We do not use Tahini when making our hummus, but feel free to incorporate when making your own!
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Wrap beets in foil and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until they can be easily pierced with a knife. Run beets under cold water for a few moments, and when you're sure they're cool, slip the skins off with your fingers. Quarter beets and set aside.
2. Place beets and chickpeas in a food processor and pulse to combine. Add the salt, tahini, lemon, and water. Process the mixture for a full 2-3 minutes, or until the hummus is super creamy, stopping to scrape down the bowl now and then.
3. Pulse in the rosemary (omit it if you don't care for it). Serve, with crackers or pita chips if desired.