These homemade beet and orange gummies are delicious, with just the right amount of sweetness.
- ½ medium beet or 1 small beet
- 2 oranges, peeled
- 1 lemon, peeled
- 21 grams (3 tablespoons) gelatin powder
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- Scrub and quarter the beets.
- Put the beet, oranges and lemon into the juicer according to the manufacturer instructions. Set aside one cup of juice (you can drink the rest).
- In a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over ½ cup of the beet-orange juice. Let it stand for 5-7 minutes. When the gelatin has bloomed, heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. The gelatin should be completely dissolved and all the granules should be melted.
- Add the remaining ½ cup of juice, and whisk constantly to prevent the gelatin from setting into clumps. Add the honey and mix well.
- Pour into gummy molds and place in the fridge for 3 hours.
- Remove from molds. They pop right out.