Crispy baked sweet potato fries are the perfect side dish for any weeknight family dinner! For more flavor or to add a kick, sprinkle on your favorite herbs and spices like cinnamon, chili pepper, and rosemary.
- 4 medium Sweet Potatoes
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Cinnamon, chili powder, rosemary, thyme, oregano, to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to bake or roast at 425 degrees F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or foil and set aside. If using foil, coat with cooking spray.
- Peel sweet potatoes and slice into 1/4-inch thick matchstick slices (i.e. thin strips).
- In a large bowl, toss sliced sweet potatoes with oil and seasonings other than salt, if using. Use your hands to make sure everything is nicely coated
- Spread fries in an even layer on baking sheets and sprinkle evenly with salt. Do not overcrowd the baking sheet, otherwise the fries will steam and not get crispy. Depending on the size of the baking sheets, you may need to work in batches.
- Place baking sheets on top and middle racks of oven, and bake/roast for 15 minutes. Remove baking sheets from oven, flip fries, and return to oven to bake/roast for 10 to 15 minutes more, until browned with crispy edges. (When returning baking sheets to oven, switch which sheet goes on top and rotate the sheets to avoid uneven browning.)
- Let cool about 5 minutes before removing fries from baking sheets and serve immediately. (Allowing them to cool slightly will prevent sticking to sheet/foil.)