One of our newer recipes from the test kitchen, this tostada creation is easy to assemble and has bright flavors perfect for the spring weather. Our recipe yields 15 servings, so make sure to invite your friends to help you eat this yummy snack.
Yields 15 tostadas
- 2 cans of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3-4 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 medium avocado, cut into small cubes
- 2-3 cups shredded lettuce
- 2/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 15 corn tortillas or whole wheat tortillas
- Mozzarella cheese or whatever desirable
1. On high heat brush olive oil on both sides of the tortillas, and toast on the griddle for about 5 minutes on each side.
2. Mash black beans, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne together, adding the olive oil a tablespoon at a time, to help with the mixing.
3. Shred the cheese with cheese grater.
4. Remove and discard the stems of the cilantro. Use a food processor or blender to puree cilantro, yogurt, garlic powder and salt.
5. Spread the black beans on the tortilla with a metal spoon.
6. Add tomatoes, avocados and lettuce.
7. Serve hot topped with cilantro sauce and lime.