Perfect for a dinner party or as a quick cooking activity to do with the kids, we love this bright green Green Pea & Edamame dip. With refreshing mint and citrus flavors, this easy to make recipe goes straight into the blender and right onto your plate.
Yields: 2 ½ cups
- 10 ounces, or 1 ¼ cup, frozen edamame,* shelled, cooked and cooled
- 10 ounces, or 1 ¼ cup, fresh or frozen peas, cooked and cooled
- 1 scallion
- ¼ cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice (about 1-2 lemons)
- 1 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cup chopped fresh mint
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- Pinch ground black pepper
- Whole wheat pita, cut into triangles
- 2 carrots, cut into 4-inch sticks
*If purchasing edamame in their pods, a 12 ounce bag will yield approximately 8 ounces, or two cups, of edamame beans.
Working in batches, pulse edamame, peas, and scallions in a food processor until a coarse purée forms. Transfer to a medium bowl. Stir in lemon juice, garlic, coriander, cumin, salt, and pepper. Gradually stir in olive oil and mix well. Add to the mint to the mixture. Season with more salt and pepper to taste.
Transfer to a serving bowl; drizzle with oil and garnish with more herbs if desired. Serve with carrot sticks and pita triangles for dipping.