Waffles are a great way to start the day, so why not make them nutritious as well as delicious? Red Rabbit’s Sweet Potato Waffles pack nutrition into your favorite morning treat by using nutrient-dense sweet potatoes as a sweetener instead of refined sugars, and whole wheat flour and rolled oats for a healthy dose of whole grains. Top them with 100% pure maple syrup, another naturally sweet gift from nature!
Sweet Potato Waffles
Yields 8 large waffles
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups cooked sweet potatoes, skins discarded
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats, finely ground in food processor
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 100% pure maple syrup
- Melt the butter and set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk.
- In another small bowl, mash the cooked sweet potatoes until they are smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix the sweet potatoes, beaten eggs, and milk. Stir in the cooled butter.
- In a separate large bowl mix the flour, ground oats, baking powder, and salt.
- Little by little, stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined.
- Cook in a hot waffle iron.
- Serve drizzled with 100% pure maple syrup.